History of my progress as a programmer:
- Aug 3, 2017 - Completed my first programming course MITx 6.00.1x
- May 2, 2018 - Completed a second programming course Hardvardx CS50
- Summer 2018 - Built a website for a small rural church in New Brunswick using Flask Framework.
- Spring 2019 Completed MITx 6.00.2x, got 87% should have studied, might have done better, good news: I realized that datascience isn’t “my thing.”
- Did a test run of Django - Set up a cutie site for my daughter to play with… not always running since it’s a free acount on Python Anywhere Check it out! If I make another real website I’ll probably use Django instead of Flask.
- May 2019 Discovered and played with hacker rank. Gold Badge in Java Profile
- September 2019 Made a pong spin-off game for js13KGAMES - Contest Page or Play Here. Not expecting to win, it would be nice to get a t-shirt, but with 242 enteries and only 100 t-shirts, a total newb like me hasn’t got a chance. (Update: Didn’t even make it into top 200! Haha, so I bought one!) I’m going to vote for my favorites. Wrote a postmortem.
- HacktoberFest 2019 - Opened up my text based java game for hacktoberfest contributions, lots of fun, 19 total contributors.
- Jan 31st 2020 Made a website about the coronavirus using Mezzanine CMS, Update: took it down link points to wayback machine.
- Febuary 2020 Made a website for Captains Inn in Alma NB for a 2 night stay on my anniversary… unfortunately put on hold due to covid19. Boo hoo.
- May 2020 participated in Shiftkey Labs Virtual Covid19 Hackathon. Put together a prototype for a hospital locating mobile web app. Alot of fun, I was one of 80 participants chosen out of 255 applicants, our team didn’t win a prize, but one of the judges mentioned our project in his closing statements, one of our team members was from bangladesh and our project was meant to solve the problem of patients going to the wrong hospitals.
- June 2020 volunteered to set up a not for profit website cos-dev.org
- August 2020 Running a kickstarter for my game Math Dungeons, Info on site: www.mathdungeons.com
Currently Working on
- Learning Java from Tim Buchalka on Udemy(34% completed), cocurrently working on his android app course(35% completed), and his Android LibGDX Game Development(45% completed).
- Running a kickstarter for my app Math Dungeons, links on the website www.mathdungeons.com
- Publish an educational game app to the Android app store.
- Do a part-time summer internship with a company in Halifax, NS that makes Android/Apple apps or mobile games.
- Make a fancy Developer’s Portfolio site with fun animations.
- Get a CS degree remotely using previous incomplete BSc credits to fill in the electives.
- Take a business course on marketing.
- Use programming skills and creative ideas to earn a full salary as a entrepreneur.